Good morning! I’d like to extend my very sincere thanks to Sue of Run With It for my nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award! As a new kid on the block it’s very encouraging to be included. I’m so grateful that God has allowed me the opportunity to share my experiences with all of you!
Now to answer some thoughtful questions from Sue:
1. What led you to become a blogger?
I blogged under a fake name through much of high school, and through my experience with anorexia and the hospitalizations that came along with it. Writing came naturally as a means of expressing what I was going through, and ironically the fake name allowed me to be exceedingly authentic. In my early twenties with a young son to take care of on my own, I decided to pursue nursing rather than writing, and I put down the dream. Then last year I found myself with the opportunity to stay home full time after the birth of my daughter. The newfound flexibility in my schedule created an opening to write again and begin this blog!
2. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
It’s always my goal to be 100% real- and for me, that comes with a sense of humor. Through many difficult experiences I’ve learned that you’ve got to laugh about things. There is always something positive to be appreciated, and always a lesson to be learned.
3. What is the purpose of your blog, i.e. what is it about?
My blog is what I like to call “a Christian mom blog,” but I’d like to think it can be relatable to many outside of that description! I write about my day-to-day experiences and how God is teaching me through them all.
4. Who are you? How would you describe yourself?
I would describe myself as a quirky introvert. I’m a homebody, and the person my friends often come to for advice. Joann Fabrics is my happy place. Uncomfortable situations usually have a way of making me laugh, and I’ve been described as ‘stubborn’ many times in my life. In short, I’m a hot mess who loves the Lord and thank goodness He’s persistent because I’m sure I take a lot of work! 😂🤷🏻♀️
5. What is your belief system? Do you believe in God? Why?
I believe in God because His presence in my life is undeniable. There have been so many times my story could have ended, but where God shows up, He provides! My every happiness, every success, and very existence is thanks to Him pursuing and loving me, even when I’ve been difficult to love.
6. Are you a follower of Jesus Christ? If so, tell what that means to you.
I am! Following Jesus can easily be over complicated, but at the end of the day what it means to me is this: Love God, and love His people.
7. What do you do? Do you have a career outside the home, or are you a stay-at-home mom or wife, or are you a volunteer or a retiree, etc.?
I am an RN, turned stay-at-home mom. This month marks the end of my first year staying home with my family!
8. What fulfills you the most? The least?
Most fulfilling to me is my quiet time spent in the Word. I know that may sound like a generic answer, but in all honesty there is always a sense in those times that my soul is being fed. Being with my family is also where my heart is! Least fulfilling to me is being busy at a job where I feel I’m not making the best use of the gifts God has given me.
9. What motivates you the most? The least?
One of my biggest motivators is being told I can’t do something! But with this blog I’ve found my motivation to be the possibility of really reaching someone with God’s influence.
10. What is the most important message you wish to communicate?
I love this question! Most importantly I want people to know that you don’t have to be anyone other than exactly who you are to be loved by God. You don’t have to be someone who has it all together or be a cookie cutter person. God made you exactly as you are, so of course He loves you this way! Your past doesn’t define you, and even your present doesn’t define you. You. Are. Who. God. Says. You. Are: Beloved, fully forgiven, precious, and SAVED when you accept Him.
11. If you were to die tonight, do you have the assurance that you will spend eternity with God in heaven? If not, and you want that assurance, please feel free to talk with me about it, and I will be glad to show you the way.
I believe that we are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8), and so yes I do have that assurance.
Now, if you should decide to accept this nomination, and I am certain some of you have been nominated before, then please note these are the rules of engagement:
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Finally, thank you to all who are willing to accept the nomination and to answer the questions I have posed to you. God bless you.
To the nominees:
1. What inspires you to write?
2. Have you had any formal training in writing?
3. What is your ultimate goal with your blog?
4. What is your favorite subject to write about?
5. What is your schedule like, and when do you find/make time to write?
6. Do you have a hobby outside of blogging?
7. What would you do as an alternate career?
8. What are some things you do to make your blog more appealing to your reader?
9. How would you describe your writing style?
10. What is one thing you’d like your readers to know?
11. What impression would you hope that your readers get from your blog site?
And finally, my nominations! Please bear with me- being a new blogger I am still growing the number of blogs I’m following and may not have the requested amount of nominees. The following, however, are very deserving!:
Comeback Pastor Mathew’s posts show his positive attitude as he shares his experiences in building a church.
Becoming His Tapestry Brenda is so REAL and authentic! Her blog is a very refreshing reminder that God’s work on us is continual and there is joy to be found in the process.
A New Life Amy is great at expressing her journey with the Lord and sharing experiences from her own life.
Thank you again for this nomination, and for spending time here on my blog!